The scholarships are for residents of publicly-owned housing units or participants in a rent assistance program & may be used for any accredited post-secondary education program, except for graduate or post graduate programs.
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to student applicants who are sponsored by active MN NAHRO Agency Members and selected as winners. Each agency member may sponsor only one applicant.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE MINNESOTA NAHRO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM, AN APPLICANT MUST:
- Be a resident of a publicly-owned housing unit or a participant in a rent assistance program administered by a Minnesota NAHRO agency member.
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary program or be accepted into a post-secondary program beginning fall 2018.
- Education programs must be accredited and may not be graduate or post-graduate programs.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better on a scale of 4.0. (Applies to current students only.)
- OPTIONAL: For Applicant’s with a household annual income at or below 50% of the area median income for family size as determined by HUD, they will also qualify for NCRC Scholarship program.
Application due to sponsoring agency member March 9, 2018
Applications due to Minnesota NAHRO March 16, 2018
Scholarships are funded by the proceeds of the many fun activities at the conferences, including golfing, fishing, bingo, and other emerging leaders events.
2017 Scholarship Award Recipients
Michelle Russell from St. Louis Park HRA
Deonna Tate from Scott County CDA
Laura Garaghty from SEMMCHRA
2016 Scholarship Award Recipients
Zoe Peterson from St. Louis Park HRA
Caitlin Strenge from Luverne HRA
Priscilla Johnson from SEMMCHRA
2015 Scholarship Award Recipients
Dillion Weimann from Dakota County CDA
Veronika Vodolazska-West from Duluth HRA
2014 Scholarship Award Recipients
Jenna Clobes from St. Louis Park HRA
Jasmyne Hamilton from St. Paul PHA
Ramsey Tanner from Luverne HRA
2013 Scholarship Award Recipients
Choua Xiong from Duluth HRA
Feyeso Ombe from St. Paul PHA
Bret Salter from Clay County HRA
Brittany Edman from Luverne HRA