POSITION SUMMARY: Incumbent is responsible for maintaining encumbrance databases, entering accounts payable, preparing journal vouchers, reconciling general ledger accounts as well as performing other essential related accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain and administer both the “real-time” work authorization and purchase order encumbrance databases.
- Enter accounts payable vouchers into the computerized accounts payable module.
- Provide the support to process disbursements for assigned prepaid postage, credit card statements, etc.
- Maintain and oversee the database for accounts receivable for former tenants (LIPH and Section 8).
- Maintain contract register for all PHA construction contracts to include new contracts, change order, and payments.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare monthly journal vouchers.
- Mail out Section 8 checks and Low Income Public Housing (LIPH) rent statements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from High School or GED and a combination of 1 year of relevant experience in jobs at the A Band or higher level such as general ledger, accounts payable or related experience: and/or relevant education.
For an application and a complete Class Specification please go to www.stpha.org or call Human Resources at 651-298- 5664, fax 651-228- 3139. Apply on-line at www.stpha.org Submit completed application to:
Public Housing Agency
555 N. Wabasha Street, Suite 400
St. Paul, MN 55102.