Salary: $17.11 - $22.24
Department: Resident Services
Accountable to: Resident Services Manager
All applicants must submit an application by:
Internally – May 21, 2018
Externally – May 29, 2018
Incumbents perform a wide variety of office support activities which require routine decision making and office experience
- Essential Duties Include
- Provides receptionist functions for management office including: acting as a clearinghouse for residents, staff, service providers and visitors to the management office; communicating with persons from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, persons with multiple disabilities and/or limited or no English speaking skills; handling incoming phone calls; providing general information about PHA policies and procedures and directing inquiries to appropriate sources; responding in an appropriate manner to clients who are angry, exhibiting signs of substance abuse, exhibiting symptoms of mental illness, unable to communicate readily due to disabilities.
- Reduces rental income loss and maximize occupancy by re-renting vacant units as quickly as possible, including: maintaining accurate and current records and logs of vacant unit processing; providing regular and timely unit and resident information to Rental/Re-Exam, accounting and maintenance departments to notify these departments to begin their unit processing work; contacting potential new residents to schedule time for lease signing and orientation; participating in Admission Orientation Program presentations and tracking participation; acting as new residents first contact with PHA management, answering general questions and referring to appropriate staff; preparing lease and other documents and information to facilitate move in of new residents; and entering move in data into computer and transfer records from waiting list to active tenant.
- Maximizes resident awareness of and compliance with regulations, lease obligations, rules and procedures, maximizes safety and security, resident satisfaction and quality of life issues including: preparing correspondence as directed by manager or other management staff; drafting correspondence as requested by manager; maintaining a tracer file for follow up actions, notices, etc. and notifying staff to take actions when scheduled; processing incoming and outgoing mail; maintaining all needed forms and supplies, processing orders as needed; and assuring that invoices, billings are referred to manager for approval and sent to accounting for payment; typing and processing purchase orders for the Resident Services Department.
- Inputs data into computer systems including; inputting data regarding move ins, transfers and vacates into the tenant data system; inputting work orders into the work order entry system with appropriate follow up actions; and reviewing move in/move out tenant data entry done by other divisions for accuracy and correcting as needed.
- Provides clerical support to help manage hi-rises, family developments, and scattered site properties to the extent possible including: scheduling required and special unit and yard inspections and tracking results; advising Housing Manager on progress in meeting related PHAS goals.
- Provides clerical support to management unit to enforce lease provisions and rules fairly and uniformly; initiate legal action to remove residents who do not comply with lease and rules, or take other action to obtain compliance with lease and rules including: preparing correspondence to residents regarding lease violations such as letters and termination notices, including legal documents, from drafts from Housing Manager; and maintaining records of date/time of termination notices and tracing for follow-up.
- Coordinates and works with other divisions within Resident Services and all other departments within the PHA to achieve PHA goals and PHAS standards including: participating in monthly Coordinating meetings with other Administrative Support Technicians; participating in interdepartmental work groups as requested; and providing information to other departments as requested.
- Provides information to service providers working in PHA buildings and community centers including: referring to appropriate staff person, explaining general procedures such as how to request key access and reserve community space.
- Maximizes PHA operating income through appropriate implementation of HUD regulations regarding rent and other charges including: providing tenant ledgers as needed, scheduling appointments for interim interviews, logging and filing notices of rent termination per resident; processing information on move out charges to assure that state law regarding return of security deposits is met; and obtaining forwarding addresses for vacating residents.
- Completes all required statistics and reports accurately and on schedule to maintain an accurate database reflecting program operations including: regular printing and distribution of tenant directories, work order charge reports, potential transfer reports, control book and zero income households reports; and compiling and distributing monthly reports on terminations, housekeeping inspections.
- Maintains all management office files and current and vacated tenant files.
- Must abide by all Board approved policies, policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, executive communications, administrative procedures, and safety procedures established by the PHA.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education: Graduation from high school or GED
Experience: 6 months work experience in clerical, customer service, general office or relevant field.
- Knowledge, Skills and Licensing
- Customer service techniques and telephone etiquette;
- Basic record keeping practices;
- English grammar and punctuation;
- Basic clerical training;
- Word processing
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Preparing clear and concise memos;
- Tracking and monitoring actions;
- Operating multiple phone lines and switchboards;
- Using office equipment such as fax machines, telephones, printers, and copiers;
- Maintaining files and records;
- Performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Working with persons with little or no English speaking skills, diverse cultures and ages, and persons with multiple disabilities;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Administrative Support Technician
Tuesday, May 29, 2018