This position will be responsible to develop, implement, and manage DEED's efforts as the primary staff person the Small Cities Development Program (SCDP). This will include: administration, interagency coordination, program/policy development and implementation, technical assistance, reviewing and ranking projects, grant management and project closeout.
This position is to support the financing programs of the Business and Community Development Division, Community Finance Department that address community financing needs, with particular emphasis on:
- The Small Cities Development Program (Federal CDBG) and federal disaster relief activities when required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Three (3) years of professional grant management experience involving evaluating, administering, accounting for, training and/or monitoring of grant/grants proposals, grant agreements, or grant recipients for a grant making organization.
- *Bachelor's Degree in, Planning, Community and Economic Development, Political Science, Public Administration or related may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- **To receive credit for experience, you must provide specific information regarding your experience, education and accomplishments in the areas of grant management or economic development related experience (job title, specific duties, dates performed, number and nature of grants administered).
- Contracts or project management experience: professional experience involving evaluating, administering, accounting for, training and/or monitoring of grant/grants proposals, grant agreements, or grant recipients for a grant making organization or similar work for a grant recipient organization.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures with the ability to effectively interpret and communicate those to grant recipients.
- Experience with Federal Programs.
- Advanced oral communication skills to effectively communicate with both public and private clientele (provide evidence in your resume to support).
- Written communication skills sufficient to effectively make concise presentations before public and private groups and communicate complicated issues to clients.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles sufficient to analyze municipal financial statements, audits, forecasts, budgets, and demographics.
Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Community or Economic Development, Political Science, or related field.
- Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above if your skills match the required skills for this positon, the department may contact you.
- Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
- A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on those positions that have access to confidential information and/or private data, handle financial transactions, or enter the homes of our clients. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
- A driver's license and record check will be conducted.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jolene Blaser at email@example.com
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or Karen.Lilledahl@state.mn.us. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Thursday, January 3, 2019