Minnesota Housing is hiring! We’re a mission-focused bank looking for a candidate with relevant experience monitoring program compliance and experience with federally subsidized housing program management.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing oversight to federally subsidized multifamily properties under a performance based federal contract, through annual and on-going compliance monitoring, inspection of physical assets and audits of project files, policies and activities.
Essential Job Duties:
· Conduct annual comprehensive review of management and occupancy practices
· Perform physical inspections of developments
· Audit tenant files for completeness and accuracy
· Compose reports according to the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rules and regulations
· Monitor corrective actions for both physical and management related findings
· Serve as a primary contact for developments to address tenant concerns and inquiries
· Communicate with owners, agents, tenants, advocacy groups and HUD staff regarding concern and corrective actions needed at a given development
· Assist owners, agents and property stakeholders in accessing resources aimed at the preservation of the project, work through complex compliance issues, interpret regulations and issue decisions based on analysis
· Serve as main point of contact for HUD staff for assigned portfolio
· Strong communication and customer service skills with a motivation to maintain customer satisfaction and to contribute to the success of the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, housing, real estate, community development/planning, or a related field, AND one (1) year of experience in monitoring program compliance, performing Section 8 audits, and/or experience with federally subsidized housing program management.
· Two (2) years of directly related experience, as described above, will substitute for a Bachelor’s degree.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, the following is also required:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to accurately manage multiple tasks and comply with strict, recurring deadlines
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and stakeholder
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skill
· Commitment to and experience with diversity, inclusion and equity
· This position requires that the incumbent travel up to fifty percent (50%) of the time. Because driving is a requirement of this position, possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license is required.
· Three (3) years of direct, relevant experience in monitoring program compliance, performing Section 8 audits, and/or experience with federally subsidized housing program management
· Trained in HUD Real Estate Assessment Center 9REAC) inspection standards
· Working knowledge of Section 504 and Fair Housing Laws
· Certified Occupancy Specialist or Assisted Housing Manager professional certification
Transport equipment (i.e. file folders, ledgers, and small tools) across building. Maintain a stationary position for long periods of time.
This position requires the successful completion of the following:
· Reference Check
· Job- related Criminal Background Check
· Driver’s License Check
Annual Salary Range
$24.03 - $35.24/hourly; $50,175 - $73,581/annually
External candidates should click here to apply or copy and paste this text into your browser:
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 41688
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
Our culture consists of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to help Minnesotans access safe, affordable housing. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life balance by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 11 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).