Minnesota Housing is hiring! We’re a mission-focused financial and grant making institution with a specific agency priority to end homelessness. Our Housing Stability Team (HST) is looking to hire a Technician with great organizational and communication skills to help us achieve that priority.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide support to various grant Request for Proposals (RFP) processes, including RFP and due diligence document management, receiving and verifying document submissions and coordinating communication and meeting logistics.
- Provide guidance and customer service to selected grantees during the entire grant cycle (pre-RFP through grant closeout).
- Track and monitor the grant payment request process including receiving, reviewing, verifying and processing the draw requests. Follow up with grantees on incorrect or late payment requests.
- Provide grant monitoring support to the program staff which may include scheduling and coordinating (in-person and desk) monitoring reviews, reviewing and verifying certain program documents and following up with grantees on missing or outstanding items.
- Track and monitor grantee reporting requirements (program reports, data reports, etc.) including receiving, reviewing and verifying such requirements. Follow up with grantees on incorrect or missing reports.
- Provide general support to the HST including responding to customer inquiries, scheduling and logistical support, website document management, coordinating internal reporting processes, etc.
- Grants and housing support terminology sufficient to review grants documents for accuracy
- Providing administrative support to teams and individuals
- Developing and implementing procedures
- Interpreting and explaining program procedures to grantees
- Responding effectively to customer inquires
- Receiving work direction and anticipating needs of HST staff
- Managing data (i.e. data entry and retrieval, data searches, etc.)
- Prioritize projects
- Communicate effectively with people of various backgrounds
- Receive work direction and support staff and the HST in a professional and proactively manner
- Use spreadsheet software applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel and Access) to manage data
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications, such as Microsoft Word, to draft documents, meeting agendas and minutes, track records and to create and edit various documents
- 5 years’ experience in administrative support
- 3 years’ experience in grant administration with non-profits and governmental units
- Experience working in the housing/homeless field
Annual Salary Range :$40,862 - $55,144
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- Reference Checks.
- Criminal Background Checks.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. A certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
External candidates should click here to apply or copy and paste this text into your browser: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=29153&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 29153.
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
Our culture consists of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to help Minnesotans access safe, affordable housing. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life balance by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 11 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).